PROUD TO BE MEMBER OF:
I started collecting police insignia and memorabilia (patches, badges, hats etc.) in 1994, when I got my first patches as a gift from a policewoman from Mount Sterling PD/Ohio/U.S.A. Later, I learned that this hobby is worldwide spread and thousands of people are so passionately involved, some of them members of the law enforcement community and some not even related at all with the profession.
As far as I know, I am the most active collector from my country, although it seems this hobby is catching more and more to other co-nationals. I don´t see any point in bragging about how many patches, badges or hats I have in my collection, but I only want to say that my spouse isn´t too happy about my hobby, that takes time and space in our personal live. How many of you have the same issue?! If you do, I bet you are a serious collector!
I am mostly interested in patches and badges, since I have no room for hats. I'm looking mainly for rare countries/islands, "peacekeeping police missions" (ONU, OSCE, EUBAM, EULEX etc) and special units (SWAT & diver). Also I'm interested in law enforcements license plates and emergency lights/sirens. Well, just about everything law enforcement related that can be collected might arouse my interest!
My trade lists are of Facebook since it needs constant up-dating! Send me an email and I will try to help you!
My trading policy is:
- who ever initiates a contact, shall send first the items, unless decided eitherwise
- some of the items are SPECIAL TRADE, and that means they will be traded for such items or for 2-3 "regular" patches
- without trying to offend anyone, but I have most of the items that can be generally available, so please do not get upset if I decline a trade if you make such an offer
- I always send items via registered mail, although it´s more expensive; I advise you do so, otherwise I have no responsibility for non-delivered mail (although in U.E., postal service is quite honest and rapid) and I shall consider that you didn´t kept you part of the trade if I don´t get the items we agree on
- Any people who try to fraud me shall be posted on my BAD TRADERS list; also, any notice that I receive from a reliable source about such "habits" shall be posted also
- Ask, comment, debate, litigate, negotiate etc., but don´t say after you receive the items that we agree on, that it´s not what you actually want and try to return them; once the deal is done, no returns, since I am not a shop
- I shall try to offer as many information available to me about an item; that doesn't mean that I know the whole truth; I am willing to accept any comments or critics, if they are done in a polite manner
- Usually, I want to trade items; however, if no trading agreement is closed, we can talk about selling certain items since I understand that Romanian police insignias are still limited available.